Courier Cape Town
Welcome to Postnet Cape Town Metro Courier Services!
Postnet Cape Town specialises in all aspects of national and international courier and freight services. With our personal service and proactive approach to couriering, Postnet Cape Town Metro truly cares about your important documents and parcels.
With the diverse courier services that Postnet Cape Town metro offers, we can offer you the best option to ensure delivery at the most competitive price, on time and hassle free. Postnet Cape Town Metro is also unique in the way that we can personalise a courier service to meet your organisation's needs, from reverse logistics to national distribution. Postnet is also the largest privately own counter network in the country, with over 225 stores nationwide at your disposal!
You can conveniently request a quote by filling in our Quote Request Form below and one of our store consultants will get back to you shortly
National courier, Express Courier Cape Town, Road Freight
We have the widest range of national courier services and road freight services. From express courier, road freight and counter deliveries. We will deliver! Find out more
International Courier Cape Town, Air Freight, Sea Freight.
Sending internationally? Our range of international courier, sea and air freight services can handle any size shipment safely and reliably. We are also proud to be an authorised DHL agent. Find out more
Embassy / SAPS service
Postnet has dedicated embassy courier and SAPS courier service to reliably handle these complicated deliveries. Safe and reliable and fully traceable! Find our more
Postnet 2 Postnet
With over 225 stores nationwide, this is a cost effective, reliable and convenient service. Find out more.
Travelling internationally with too much luggage? Postnet Cape Town Metro can conveniently send your excess bags and curios to your destination airport ready for your arrival at a fraction of the cost of airline rates. Find out more
Global Mail is convenient and reliable postal service that bypasses the South African postal office and gets injected directly in the various international postal services worldwide. Find out more.
Useful courier information:
When sending items by courier nationally or internationally, it is important to know how couriers work out the cost of sending parcels. All courier companies take into consideration a few factors when calculating charges:
- Weight of the parcel – this would be the actual weight of the package for courier.
- Volumetric weight – This is best explained as the area in kilograms that the parcel occupies. Volumetric weight is calculated as follows:
Length (cm) x Height (cm) x Width (cm) ÷ 5000 = KGs
The greater between Actual Weight and Volumetric Weight will be chargeable.
- Regional area or Major Centre – Courier companies will need to know where the parcel is to be picked up and delivered.
There are different rates according to the area and destination. The list of all the areas in South Africa is very long, so please ask us for a better idea about where your destination falls under.
- Delivery time – Depending on how time sensitive your courier is, will depend on what courier service you would need e.g. Same Day or Next Day service. Please let us know if your parcel has a time deadline so that we can best advise you on the correct service.
- Dangerous goods – Please let us know what you are sending. Some items are not allowed to be sent for security and safety reason. For example, perfume is flammable and airlines will not allow any flammable items to be sent. Please give as a call to find out if your commodity is safe to be sent
Postnet Cape Town Metro is here to help with your courier service, please contact us if you are unsure about anything or if you have any questions.